COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Take Years Off Your Smile with Teeth Whitening in Arlington
Are discolored teeth aging your smile prematurely? Do you want to add more luster to your smile? If so, our affordable and effective teeth whitening procedure may be the answer.
Who Is a Candidate for Professional Teeth Whitening?
Our power bleaching or chairside whitening procedure is suitable for most patients who want to achieve a brighter smile. The bleaching gel we use is highly concentrated, so you will notice dramatic results almost instantly. Your dentist will carefully monitor each step of the procedure to ensure a safe and painless experience.
Is Teeth Whitening Effective for All Teeth?
Our teeth whitening systems are most effective on enamel stains caused by food, beverages, and tobacco. There are certain discolorations that do not respond to the whitening procedure. These include stains caused by tetracycline and problems within the tooth structure, such as decay. The bleaching process also will not alter the color of restoration materials, such as fillings, crowns, and veneers. If you have a dental restoration, you may need additional repairs to help the restoration blend in with your natural teeth.
What Does Teeth Whitening Involve?
Although the procedure can vary based on the system used, you can normally expect the following during a teeth whitening procedure:
- After examining and cleaning your teeth, the dentist will take photos to establish your baseline tooth color and help evaluate the results of the whitening procedure.
- The dentist will expose the affected teeth by placing a cheek retractor in your mouth.
- A protective liquid is normally applied to the gums to shield them from the bleaching gel.
- Most patients require several coats of the bleaching gel to achieve the desired results. Each coat is left on the teeth for a certain amount of time and then removed.
- Depending on the whitening system used, the dentist may use a special UV lamp to activate the gel and enhance the results.
- After the final coat of gel, the dentist will determine if you need additional treatments to achieve the desired color level.
Do You Offer Options for Teeth Whitening at Home?
We make achieving a gleaming smile convenient by offering professional-grade whitening kits for home use. Our dentist can prepare a personalized teeth whitening kit that includes a custom-fitted whitening tray and professional-strength gel. We will instruct you on how to use the kit for the best results and to avoid any complications. In most cases, patients wear the whitening trays for an hour a day and notice up to six shades difference in their tooth color by the end of two weeks. Call our office today for more information.
What Are the Best Teeth Whitening Products?
When choosing a teeth whitening system, you should look for one that provides reliable results, that is strong enough to remove stubborn stains, and is easy to use. Over-the-counter systems come in a variety of forms, including strips, gels, rinses, toothpastes, and trays. They are typically inexpensive and relatively easy to use; however, they are not strong enough to provide dramatic results. They can also cause gum irritation if used incorrectly. Using professional-grade products and having a dentist supervise the whitening process will ensure the best possible results.
Does Teeth Bleaching Cost a Lot of Money?
Seeing a teeth bleaching dentist for a teeth whitening procedure does cost more than the over-the-counter treatments that you find in your local drug or retail store; however, the results are worth the investment. The exact cost of your treatment will be based on the type of system used, the number of treatments needed to achieve the desired results, and the need for any follow-up treatment or repairs. We will provide you with an estimate of your cost once our dentist has evaluated your dental needs.
Do the Results of Teeth Whitening Last a Long Time?
Your lifestyle, diet, and oral hygiene habits are the main factors that determine how long the results of your teeth whitening will last. The following tips will help you maintain the results for as long as possible:
- You should avoid tobacco products.
- Limit your consumption of foods and beverages that can stain the teeth, such as coffee, red wine, berries, tomatoes, and soy sauce.
- Rinse or brush your teeth as soon as possible after eating to remove food particles before they have a chance to stain.
- See your dentist at least twice a year for a professional dental cleaning.
With proper oral hygiene and lifestyle habits, the results of your whitening procedure should last up to 10 years.
How Do I Schedule an Appointment with a Teeth Bleaching Dentist?
If you are looking for a reputable dentist for teeth whitening in Arlington, give us a call. We will develop a personalized treatment plan for you that will add some sparkle to your smile.