COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Why Should I Visit a General Dentist?
Seeing a general dentist and having your teeth cleaned every six months is a good way to maintain your dental health. Your dentist can keep on top of any problems and treat them when they are small, rather than having to employ extensive procedures when the problems are more serious. If you’re looking for a general dentist near me, please call our office to make an appointment. We welcome new patients to our general family dentistry practice.
What is the Job of a General Dentist?
General dentists are primary care providers capable of taking care of almost all of their patients dental needs. Besides providing all of their patient’s preventative treatments, general dentists also perform most restorative and cosmetic dental treatments and procedures. General dentists also refer patients to specialists when necessary.
General Dentistry Services
Please continue reading to learn more about the general dentistry services we offer at our practice. If you don’t see a service you need, please call us to ask if we offer it.
- Tooth Repair & Replacement – Just one damaged or missing tooth can ruin your smile. We offer tooth repair and replacement general dentistry services to satisfy your needs.
- Crowns – A crown, also known as a cap, is a type of restoration dentists use to fortify a weak tooth with a large filling or to repair a badly broken tooth by completely covering the entire tooth.
- Porcelain Crowns – When patients need a crown for a front tooth, they often request a translucent porcelain crown as it is the most life-like crown available.
- Dental Bonding – Dental bonding is an affordable way for dentists for repair smiles if you have a chipped or cracked tooth or to cover a badly discolored tooth.
- Dental Bridges – Dental bridges are fixed devices which can replace one or more adjacent missing teeth with artificial teeth held in place by two crowns which go over the adjacent teeth.
- Fillings – When you have a cavity, dentists remove the decay and use a filling material to restore your tooth.
- Composite Fillings – Tooth-colored composite fillings are strong and can stand up to chewing forces for many years.
- Porcelain Fillings – Porcelain fillings last longer than metal fillings in addition to being more aesthetically pleasing.
- Laser Dentistry – We’re revolutionizing general family dentistry with lasers to make your experience more comfortable. Ask about our use of laser dentistry when you call for your appointment.
- Laughing Gas – Laughing gas is a safe gas which reduces anxiety during dental procedures.
- Sealants – Dentists paint sealants on the chewing surface of molars to provide years worth of cavity protection for children and adults prone to cavities.
How Often Do People Usually Go to the Dentist?
Regular dental exams are an important part of maintaining your dental health. People should have an examination every six months, but individuals with a higher risk of decay or gum disease should see their dentist more often. If you don’t have any of your natural teeth left, you should still see a dentist regularly to check your oral health and to see how well your replacement teeth are serving you.
How Much Will a Visit to a Dentist General Practice Cost?
We know our patients worry about our fees, especially if they don’t have dental insurance. Please don’t let that stop you from getting the care you need. If you do have dental insurance, we can help you estimate your co-pay. If you need a general dentist near me, please call for an appointment and we can let you know what your initial exam will cost or if there are other payment options available.
What Are Professional Teeth Cleanings?
We suggest you have your teeth cleaned twice a year to remove plaque and tartar, even if you’re diligent about brushing and flossing. This will help prevent decay and gum disease. While teeth whitening and a dental cleaning are two separate treatments, they are both incredibly important. A teeth cleaning will remove surface stains and make your teeth look brighter and remove minor surface stains.
How Long Does an Appointment with a Dentist General Practice?
We don’t like to rush our patients. A quick follow-up visit may only take a few minutes, but count on an exam taking about an hour. If you’re having a specific procedure, please ask how long your appointment will take so you can plan appropriately.
What Do I Need to Bring with Me for an Appointment at a General Dental Office?
We want to make your visit to our general dental office a pleasant experience. Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment and bring a list of your current medications with you. Also, bring your dental insurance information. If you feel nervous about visiting a dentist, let us know. We’re experts at putting our patients at ease.
Frequent visits to a general dentist are essential if you want to prevent dental issues. If you need a general dentist in Arlington for an exam or to manage a dental issue, please contact us to schedule your appointment. We welcome new patients.